Tuesday 3 November 2009

Volume 2

The Drunkard

down in the gutter alike
trapped in troubled waters
the middle of life’s hike

I'm drinking and I drank
another twisted night
got in bed with a skank

into the bottle I dive
drowning in beer
a joyful death, I thrive

scattered among empty beer cans, I’m sleeping
on the road of broken dreams
down the side, I’m creeping

I stink like a skunk
a rotten stench
I’m drunk

Against the stream

swimming against the stream
a solitare quest
in the middle of life’s dream
my head above water
filled with pain, I scream

Cheese

an inner peace
a marvelous taste
drowning in smelly cheese

a journey so vivid and mad
one of life’s mysteries
makes the day seem bad

in the depths of my mind
the key is buried
a hard one to find

it’s the key to my chest
a heart made of gold
yes, it’s the best

The Song

I can still hear her voice
a gentle vibration, passing
there was never a choice

etched in my mind
She sings the tune
a one off it’s kind

a real treat to hear
like the birds, dawn chorus
She strips me of fear

like the wind, her song travels
inside a wave, she unravels
while I’m lost

Winter

into a ditch I slide
blazing cold
inside a white mountain, I hide

under a duvet of snow, I sleep
a bear in hibernation
up to my knees, 6 feet deep

snowflakes falling
shining white crystals
the woods, calling

a frozen tale
can’t feel my fingers
my face, frostbitten & pale

into the snow I stare
blinded by the light of diamonds
it’s a dare

a duel at the break of dawn
a snowball flying
a morning yawn

and I’m shivering

Fire Poems

The Wicked one

She smelt like a bud from the Rose
Her hair danced like waves on the Ocean
in Her eye, a primal flame flickers

I must say, I dream of seeing Her knickers
with the lips of a sparkling red Ruby
She smiles

She’s beautiful, like the dawn of all days
I lost all my words, what shall I say
She rocked my world, I must make Her stay

The Rose

a Rose made of smoke, slowly rising
while Her ashes scattered below

She burns & She turns
a deep respect, She has earned
I must tame Her

random & wild, like the mind of a child
She plays on the strings of tomorrow

a song from within
up the bone marrow, She sings
I must play Her

Spreading like wildfire

the flames danced like a wild tornado
leaving no trail but ashes
in Her path

stripped of faith
driven by winds of desire
She sails

merciless, angry
She beats on Her drums
while silently crying for freedom

Where the wildfire rages

in the middle of the masses
I ignite the flame of passion
an uprising, fuelled from within

a savage fire rages
She’s out of control
She rumbles, She burns
as yet another day turns
yes, I love Her

as flames taking hold
a new path unfolds
in Her ashes I see the inferno

The Bust

inflamed by the fuel of passion
I crave the ultimate lust

crawling below the flames eternal bust
at the bottom

The Labyrinth

trapped in a maze of deserted alleys
I wonder across an endless bridge
right on the edge, down the ridge
I am walking

echo’s of voices talking
they whisper to me, voices in my head, stalking
in the back of my mind, a well of memories, I find
I am drowning

some light I can see
around the corner, she might be
I can still hear her song
It won’t be that long

I have seen her before
her dress, red, I adore
I must find her

haunted I am
was it in Amsterdam?
now it’s Venice

in a Gondola I float
it’s a special kind of boat
and I’m crying

Whispers from ancient Greece

hundreds of Swallows playing
behind them a neon-red sky, saying
farewell

while the burning hot Sun, fading
in mountain of baby-blue mist, bading

Acropolis, a new treat
the sight I’m now seeing, a though one to beat

a red skirt in the wind, blowing
her hair, like lava, glowing

In the shadows I see
a stray-dog looking at me

as the match I light, is the end of the night
the city below me still trembles

Pool

I break & I’m broke, but refuse to be broken

Silence

speak up! let your voice be heard
keep quiet, yes absurd
you must say it now, not when or ever

some things needs saying
no time for praying
a confession, a sin
drown it in Gin
yes it’s over

a new story told
a twisted plot unfold
and it’s turning

in silence we morn
fragmented faces, old & worn
our souls fragile, battered & torn
we must fight it today, not tomorrow

like a sinner, I scream
the worst nightmare, yet a dream
I’m inside it

In the belly of the beast
trapped in life’s feast
I must slay it